Well thank goodness this semester is almost over because to be frank it hasn't been my absolute favorite as far as classes go but there is one class that tops them all: SOCIAL RESEARCH. Now I tried to have a good attitude about a research class but from day one it just was not happening but not it has digressed to lists and writings about a "Day in the Life of a Social Research MFT Student" as follows:
Once again I stroll into the old people classroom
Another day of lecture in the gerentology world
Intermixed with the random acronyms and quotes from the prof
I wonder if CPA will be randomly defined again
Or if it will still stand for "cut and paste artist"
At least today social research is about marriage
And not how to do surveys on horses
But I will have to say I laugh more about the horse training seminars
Of course we also eagerly await the rants and raves on Highland
Or another story of "My momma's fried chicken"
Maybe one day ACU will let our prof tell that story again in chapel
Who will he pick on today
Lucky for me my time seems to be over and he knows my name
Not so for all of my classmates
But after all he does need to learn all our names
We all sit and have a dead stare on our face
All that is except the couple of students who are in tune
Soon the finders find the keys on the cell phone
With a goal of discovering whose ringer is still on
But in reality texting is all that keeps us sane.
I glance at the clock for the 100th time
ONLY 9:37 - a whole another hour to go
How time barely floats along
But bro is making headway on that class Christmas list
At least we'll have a laugh later.
Oh wait now we have a class participation exercise
Maybe this will make at least 10 minutes go faster
After some random folds and tears
We can now put mass production of paper butterflies on our resumes.
We can't be going much longer
I've already read, well skimmed, the chapters for next week
I am so unbelievably bored
But I guess this is just another typical day
In wonderful Social Research Class.
(Only two more days of class to go!!!!)
1 comment:
Best of luck with the end of the semester! Let me know when you're going to be in Dallas- I'd love to see you! wkstarnes@yahoo.com
Post a Comment