Well I guess the natural answer to this would be the Creator of the Universe but sometimes I don't like that answer or maybe that is ok if I could just encourage the Creator to add just one hour to every day or maybe just add a couple of hours to the weekend. Of course I'm sure I would just find things to fill that time up and not have the quiet solitude I have been craving for say hmmm well about 30 years. I thought maybe I'd just make a list of the things that I don't have time to do. Notice this is not a list of the things that I wish I didn't have time to do because of course many of the things we don't have time to do are actually at times the things we wish we were doing. Therefore, that is why you won't find on this list things like reading for class, doing projects for class, seeing clients, Celebrate Recovery, talking to my parents, etc. Don't get me wrong not all of those things are things I don't want to do its just the things that get the priority I guess....
1. DO Jesus workbooks. Now I don't mean this in a derogratory (I don't have a clue how to spell that word) fashion but I do wish I had time to not necessarily do Jesus workbooks as my dear friend Lori calls them but to just think about spiritual and religious things and have meaningful conversations with people and how religion and their beliefs impact their lives. Perhaps some of this desire comes also from seeing the impacts and non impacts of spirituality on my clients. (Keep reading I promise I won't comment on every item!!!).
2. Afternoon Knap - I love afternoon power knaps only 10 minutes not longer but I'm reenergized.
3. Talk to and keep in touch with friends other than mass emails or blogs.
4. Cook real meals (other than warm up soup or lean cuisine dinners)
5. READ anything that I WANT to read I have so many things I couldn't begin to list them.
6. Exercise
7. Write (how am I ever going to write a book at this rate?)
8. Relax and hang out with friends with no guilt about what I'm not getting done
9. Read blogs I want to read and keep up with about cool interesting things my friends are doing or other's view point on things I have my favorites (see side bar) sadly they don't get visited very often though
10. Have SILENCE and SOLITUDE - I have heard from so many people how awesome and powerful this is. I want it but besides the time factor I think I'm a little scared of having extended solitude and silence (extended = more than 15 minutes). Maybe I'm scared of my own thoughts or of losing control, who knows I don't have time to find out!!!!
Even after all this I am so thankful that I do have the energy and talents to squeeze so much into the 24 hour days I do have including sleep, class work, and most important to me developing relationships.
One final thought - It is snowing outside well sort of. I think I probably missed the big snow storm of the season on Thanksgiving day. I heard enough snow to make snow balls which is a lot for Abilene but its snowing spitting sleeting mixed rain hey it looks like snow on the car windshield so I'm counting it as snowing. I love the snow it is so pretty white innocent and peaceful. I would like nothing better to wake up snowed in tomorrow morning so I could have a few hours to do whatever I wanted to....yeah fat chance!!!!
hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!!!!
2 comments:
Hey, Bekah -- I don't believe God created time to be filled with busyness like we have here in the US...your program is so unbelievably demanding and busy that I don't know how you can avoid it at this point, but maybe you can have more control once you are out of school and can make decisions and set boundaries so that you can actually do some of the things that you enjoy! Hope your Thanksgiving was good!!
Time ha, thats funny. It seems like when I have it I don't use it, but then when I don't have it, I need more of it.
I wanted to say a giant huge enormous, gregarious thank you to you for sharing a page from your journal. That was awesome. Usually those early morning ramblings come across as that. But getting to know you these last few months allowed my mind and imagery to focus on your description. I could literally feel myself out past the first breakers, thigh high in ocean, waiting for that next whitecap to either take me home, or wash me away. Funny those extremes of life huh? Somehow, we attempt that control to harness the wild in order to bring honor to our abilities and thought provoking ideas... much like my BS here haha. That perfect balance of soul, spirit, and body is granted by one True friend. Thank you for that today. And for your willingness to share.
Post a Comment