I will try very hard to make a promise that this is the last time for this year that I discuss the disgusting crickets that plague my house. (notice I said for this year which will expire December 31, 2007). I worked my schedule out this past week where yesterday I would not have to go up to the clinic; which believe me is hard to do when you are scheduling and rescheduling about 16 hours a week in addition to your school work, Graduate assistant duties, accounting firm work, work for a supervisor in her private practice you get my sob story picture here. Anyway back to the story at hand. Knowing 1) that my weekends have to be productive in order to make it through the next week, 2) knowing that people are coming over for lunch on Sunday including one of my professors and I would have to clean, and 3) knowing I would lay in bed till noon reading a book of MY choice if I could I was glad I had a meeting to attend at the accounting firm. So I got home around 10 and decided that the first thing I would tackle was all the dead crickets in the garage. Now I've been wanting to take pictures to prove how sick this cricket invasion is but have never had the guts to get out there in the midst of them. Well I came home put on the longest pair of socks I could find with long pants and a long sleeve shirt and tennis shoes and timidly went to attacking the sweeping of legs and bodies in the garage. Luckily I managed not to puke. After I had swept half the garage out and the black birds ate the dead bodies I had swept the other half to the middle where Rebekah came out and took a picture of the two piles so mind you this is only about 1/2 of the two week accumulation (our neighbor had come over with his grass blow machine and cleaned it out before.
Anyway for you psychology type people maybe that desensitalization stuff really works because I have allowed these pictures to be placed on my machine and didn't freak out when I had to step on a cricket inside last night. Who knows. Well now I'm going to again be productive today by risking laundry. YES it is a risk as we have killed about 20 crickets in the washer (but none in a week so I'll take the plunge.....)
4 comments:
I am so proud of you.
-Vanessa
That is gross. They're called pest control companies, and I think you should call one. Too bad you don't live in Lubbock, Charlie Parrish came to our house and sprayed 3 times after we moved in.
I think a good bleach and PineSol dousing should do the trick . . . ahh, nothing could escape that in cabins 13 and 14!
Yuck-O. I hate crickets because they're so dang unpredictable. I don't like anything that jumps and/or moves fast (i.e., spiders, grasshoppers, those buzzy beetle thingies that swarm you in the summer months). I cannot believe how many there are! Is it just in Abeline or all over Texas?!
Post a Comment