Most people title something "One More Day" to talk about their last day of experience in the single world before their wedding, the last day of peace and quiet before they are going to the Dr. to be induced into labor, the last day of spending time with school friends knowing that tomorrow is the ceremony celebrating all those accomplishments and thrusting you to the next level of life (also known as graduation), etc. Right now today for me "One more day" is the promise of sanity being brought back into my life even if only for four or five days. Calmness is not something that often rules my life, I usually overcommitt and want to hang out and be in the middle of everything and don't feed my introversion enough until on the verge of a breakdown but today I know that one more day of clients, class, intense cleaning for the fam coming, and packing and then I'll be on the road to Thanksgiving break and while maybe not some peace and quiet at least not having to run like a chicken with my head cut off.
Thanksgiving break will be spent first on the road to Little Rock then with my sister then a quick trip to Memphis to see Aunt, Uncles, and cousins and to see if my Aunt can rival my mom's turkey and dressing and then back to Little Rock. I can't wait. And with all the great upsets lately just maybe A&M will pull off another upset this year over TU!!!
Everyone have a great Turkey day and be safe.
3 comments:
Hi Rebekah, I have just recently entered the world of blogging and it is fun finding people from Harding/HUF. I hope you are greatly enjoying your Thanksgiving break. I too am enjoying being away from routine. The crickets are really gross! Sorry about that! Do you remember that year they built the new Bible bldg. at Harding and there were those green grasshoppers all over, especially on the doors? Happy Thanksgiving! Kelly
Hey Rebekah! Yes, I was a counselor with Jenn! It was driving me crazy at the party too and then after you left I finally thought Bluehaven!!! It is a small world! do you ever talk to Jenn? Hopefully we'll run into each other again soon! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment