Today is it I'm committing to exercising and eating better.
We work with detox sometimes. Today I found out heard about a person that has been to recovery 4 times since Jan. 2009 lost their job and family because of their drinking and when the state tried to get them help they just made excuses why they couldn't do whatever help was being offered.
When I heard about this I got so frustrated thinking to myself this person is ruining their life why don't they get help. I know its hard but is it really that hard.
Then I came home and cooked dinner. And then went straight to the couch where I started thinking I spend way too much time. I got up and went shopping for something to wear to my brother's wedding this weekend and got so frustrated because nothing looks good. Then I come back home and start watching the Biggest Loser and see how these people's lives have changed. To see their bodies their faces their spirits so different - well guess what its time.
So this weekend my friend Jaime introduced me to Robert Ullrey's podcast from couch to 5k in 9 weeks. I'm doing it. I probably will need accountability because this is one of my biggest addictions and struggles. But I'm announcing to you all I'm doing it so keep me accountable. Ask for updates bug me to death I'm doing it!!! My goal is when I go to camp this year in less than 3 months to be able to hike all day without having to worry about asthma because I'm out of shape.
I remember when I did this a few years ago to hopefully be able to give my friend Neal a kidney. I felt so much better, and I remember being able to work through things emotionally and spiritually better by just having that alone time to think, pray, listen to music, just be better fit emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
I am also going to drink more water but I'm not yet ready to give up the Diet Dr. Pepper's One thing at a time!!!
So dear friends next time you see me I will be smaller (that is unless you see me this week!!! ha)
3 comments:
Good for you!!!! I know you have it in you, so when you get to the end, you can share your secrets, LOL!
Way to go!
Yay Rebekah! We are reading a book right now called Eat For Health. you should get it and read it. We are learning a lot about nutrition. Love you!
Post a Comment