Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apology for my green pants

Ok folks so I know you are all probably getting tired of seeing me in the green army looking faded pants that I try to pass off as casual dress pants and casual casual pants and hang out pants but that is all my lard butt fits in right now. Actually, the walking and diet does help because now I can fit into a pair of black pants so now you will see every other day black pants instead of green pants - exciting huh?

I am refusing to buy new clothes because it is motivation that I have to have something to wear.

So some of you have been asking what I am doing. My friend Jaime introduced me to couch to 5K in 8 weeks by Robert Ullerey (I think that is how you spell it). He has a podcast that I've downloaded. The music isn't too bad either. I've done the first week and the first day I thought I was going to die but it gets easier. And it is pretty embarrasing that I thought I was going to die when I tell you the first day you walk for 5 minutes then you run/walk for 60 second/90 second intervals. It does not sound hard but I guess that is how out of shape I am.

I have never been able to run much because I always suck wind so hard and I think I have to go from nothing to running miles and so I get discouraged and just stop. So I think this is going to be good for me to learn to take it slow and let my body build up strength and stamina. I want to hike Barrias at Camp this year. It is the only hike I've never been on. Now convincing either 3 year old Karlee to go or someone to watch her may be a different story but we'll cross that path in July.

So when I'm out exercising I just put in my head mental pictures (these are not hallucinations) of Bob and Jillian screeming at me and then an image of Michelle from last season before and after and it helps me work through the I"m tired and don't want to do this anymore syndrome.

More updates to come I'm sure.

I don't know what I'll do when I can't fit in the green pants anymore because they are too big. I do love those pants!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay for you! I'll have to check out this podcast. I need to start an exercise program. Maybe this would work for me as well.

TwinLawyerMommy said...

You could buy new, smaller, cooler green pants!! ;) When I'm on the machines at 24 hr Fitness, I imagine I'm a contestant, I pick out two or three people in the room in similar shape as me, and I try to outlast them to get ready for next week's weigh-in. I guess there's a reason we're friends!! Much love to ya, girl!

Lesley said...

I've never hiked Barillas either! This won't be the summer though. I'll be lucky if I even make it up to camp. What session are you going to be there?