Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update

Here is the promised update now that I am finally getting a little energy back. Things seemed to go well. I think I was pretty groggy. I had a crazy crisis morning and didn't have a lot of time to calm down and destress before I got there so he shot me up with some Ativan. Apparently just a small dose has drastic affects on me!!!
Anyway, he got the tumor and said he felt like he cut out all the layers that he could see might have cancerous cells. He also took a biopsy from a couple of lymph nodes. He said my uterus looks good and he saw no other abnormal cells. He seems to think it was an aggressive tumor but it was isolated and that everything will be fine. Will get the results of the biopsy hopefully Tuesday. I'm doing good just watching more TV than I watch in a month because if I read I get drowsy and fall asleep. This is probably from the massive amounts of advil I'm taking but who likes pain lets be real!!
Thanks to all of you who have been thinking and praying for me. I've got wonderful friends here who picked me up; sat with me while I slept; baked or brought me food; spent the night; waited on me hand and foot I mean breakfast was ready when I woke up. I could get used to this!! Ha!! not really I'm too independent. I really do appreciate the great friends and family I have. I'll update when I find out about the biopsy.
Now to watch some more TV....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Been praying for you girl. Glad to see the update and the promising word from the doctor. Give yourself time to recover, and bask in the glow of God's love.

Heather said...

Still praying for you!

Jennifer said...

hey there, i am really happy to hear the news. how are you feeling now? i'm really glad to hear you are resting. keep us posted on your progress.