Thanks to all of you who have emailed me or texted me or called me. Sorry I'm replying to all instead of responding back individually but...well I'm lazy what can I say. I guess really I'm posting on the blog but if you recall that is what I said I would do; just kidding; see I'm getting better I'm being sarcastic again!!
Yes it true I have a blood clot but its not that big of a deal more a frustration just another thing to deal with. It is in my lungs and we have talked with my pulmonologist in Lubbock and are treating it and the best thing is she is letting me go back on my asthma meds (in fact was pretty upset they had taken me off). Everything else looks good and hopefully we will get lab tests back on the lymph nodes tomorrow. My oxygen levels were back up to 89 from 79 yesterday and about 92 is about as good as it normally gets for me so that is a good sign and I'm breathing better and no longer in pain so everything is looking up. I just get tired really easy which I'm not used to but I guess is expected.
A lot of you have asked what the next step is. Well assuming the lymph nodes come back negative which I am sure they are going to because God knows I'm getting frustrated and don't really want to deal with much more the next step is on the 10th to have another pap smear and blood work to see if there are still high cancer enzymes and to see if there are still abnormal cells. At this point we will determine if the LEEP procedure (what I call the Cervix Freeze) is necessary. Yesterday was the first I heard it may not be necesarry but apparently the Dr. things it really was isolated.
So that is the update.
Some of you have asked what to specifically pray for so here are my top 5:
1) My frustration level is high although I'm trying not to let it get the best of me it just seems like one thing after another
2) The Dr. will only be able to say "Cancer Free"
3) My dear blue haven mentor and friend Jo Dee Kelly who has so bravely fought cancer so many times and now has throat cancer and undergoing treatment. And for that matter all those who have to go through these frustrations.
4) My sister in law who had a seizure as most of you know a few weeks ago has been diagnosed with psuedotumor cerebri and is having a lot of difficulties with that tests etc.
5) The blood clot will unclot quickly. For those of you who know the Boyles kids I've got them praying because I'm supposed to go there this weekend so I'll be all set!!!
So that is the physical update. The mental update is I'm tired of here we go one more thing to deal with. I guess that is life and when I start the woe is me pitty party I am reminded of all those dealing with so much more than me. My battle has been less than five weeks and things are looking good. So many have battled for years or decades and are battling again or are so young and shouldn't have to be battling with this. I wish I were less selfish. I try to remind myself how well taken care of I really am and how blessed I am. Its hard when things don't go the way I want them to go which surprisingly is often maybe that in itself is trying to tell me something. So I'm trying really hard to remember I'm not alone in this or in anything and thank God for the blesses that I do have especially the support and people that shower me constantly with love. Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me and most importantly prayed through this.
So tomorrow the blog is going to read simply "I kicked that cancer" or if not then I know God will see me through it.
I love you all!!
4 comments:
Still praying, sweet sister. Keep up these posts. It is a good way for you to work out some of those emotions AND it keeps your friends in the know. Love ya!
Thanks for updating us, Roo. Glad things generally look good. Will continue the prayers. Love ya!
Thanks for updating Rebekah, keeping you in my prayers.
Rebekah, I am thinking lots about you and hope that your, and your loved ones prayers for you, come true. Miss you! Cant wait to hear the update!!!!
Post a Comment