Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolutions and Goals

Since I've already said that this year my resolution to stay perfect which has been my resolution for as long as I can remember won't work I guess I need to make some resolutions. Actually, I've made them but I was reading some therapy books (yes I'm a dork) and something kept hitting me over and over - Go Public get accountability to succeed. So here we go.
Although in my mind there is a difference in goals and resolutions and I have some goals and some resolutions. The goals are things I want to do want to happy but depends on some stuff and other people etc. Resolutions are things up to me; where I need accountability; where I need to start being honest with myself etc. I could be the new webster dictionary with those definitions huh?
So here are some of my goals:
1) NEW JOB - this gets all caps and is probably essential to my happiness and wellbeing in 2010 but I just try to keep perspective and keep Philipians 4:6 and 7 in mind and find a job that does not have ON CALL!!!
2) Get Karlee to Abilene to feed the giraffes - she has begged enough
3) Go see my friend at Ole Miss and of course stop by and see Ava and maybe some other friends in Little Rock and Memphis; after all Lori has been to Abilene twice I can make it to Oxford
4) Write more especially when stuff comes pouring through my head and I think oh I'll remember that tomorrow and of course its never the same; it is ridiculous to think I have not written anything in over a year
5) Paint my bedroom
6) Paint my bathroom (separate from the bedroom because the bathroom might actually happen
7) Get some decent curtains for the living room
8) Read more and watch less TV - a goal because I don't watch a lot of TV but DVR has probably doubled the amount I do watch so I want to get it under control before it has to move to the resolution side...
On the resolution side:
1) pray/be in the word/make this a priority
2) Exercise/lose weight/eat healthy and all that encompasses
3) Make wise decisions and all that encompases especially when I know from the past when the decisions is not wise
So lots of goals and 3 resolutions and yet its the resolutions that will be hard and yet will be the easy ones to forget about or just give up on. But now they are in written form and so I'm in new territory but I'm determined that this time next year I will be reflecting how these resolutions have helped me grow as a person...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Great list!

Andrea said...

Good luck with every single one of those!