Monday, June 11, 2007

And there go the keys....

I've been in Little Rock the past week helping my sister (who recently moved from the sprawling subburb of Maumelle to the sprawling want to be subburb of Cabot ) tear down wallpaper and paint the office Giraffe. I know sounds wierd but it really is going to be cool. Its a yellow on all the walls with one accent wall of orange dots. Of course if I'm totally honest I would tell you that we put the first layer on about one and a half walls before we decided that the painting was better suited for her husband. Anyway after a wonderful week I go to see my friend from college Kitchypooh. Well Doug Miriam's husband let me borrow his "grandpa car" (a whole another story). So I cruise over in the grandpa car hang out with Michelle (Kitchypooh) and then get ready to leave. Well I had the keys to the buick in my pocket. I run to the bathroom before I begin the 45 minute treck to Cabot and as I get up I flush and then hear a clank and grab for the keys as Yes I indeed watch them go down the toilet to the sewer far far below. It was so funny I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I doubt Miriam and Doug were laughing when I called and let them know that they would have to drive 45 minutes to come get me and 45 minutes back on their last night before she is gone for two weeks. Oh well I'm sure it will take forever to live that one down.....

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Giraffe paint? Kitchypoo? Keys down the toilet? Rebekah, I am worried about you.

Tesney said...

Kitch! Tell her little red-headed self that Tesney says hello. I'm intrigued by the giraffe paint job...must post pics of that. I have to know...did you stick your had in the toilet in a desperate attempt to save the keys before they went a swirlin'?

Tesney said...

Oh, and number one or two?