Friday, June 15, 2007
Random thoughts about the Prince Interview
On Monday (June 18th) on Dateline Matt Lauer's interview with Prince William and Prince Harry will air. I don't know what my obsession with Princess Di and her boys is but I remember being enthralled with her when I saw her on TV when I was a little girl. I guess it is like Jackie Kennedy is to my mom's generation. And just like that generation can tell you exactly where they were and what they were doing the minute the news broke about JFK I remember sitting in my dorm room at Harding the fall of 1997 getting ready for class when the news broke of the awful wreck in Paris. Ironically I had walked over that same area of rode in Paris just a few months earlier when I was there with HUF. Anyway, I remember how my heart went out to Prince William and Prince Harry and how awful it must be for them to not be able to privately deal with the trauma of their mother's death. Now I am just amazed at how grown up those two young boys are and how they handle the pressure of the press and the world wanting to know their every move and thought. I wander though if they ever yearn for just a minute of a "normal" life that so many of us take for granted. A life where they can walk down a public street and not have to disguise themselves or have the Royal British Guard watching there every step. Where they can call a friend and not have to worry about who is listening. Where they could run to Sonic or Starbucks (or whatever the English equivalents are) and not have to worry about what an ordeal it is and how many people have to go into action just so they can get a frapucino. Anyway as I have always had an obsession for English royalty all through history I am excited to watch this interview, but I also cherish the very private life I live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also remember exactly where I was - at Harding in my dorm room too. I agree with you - I think those boys handle themselves very well considering everything they have been through.
I hope you are doing well. The story about your keys is hilarious. I could totally see that happening to you :).
When are you coming to Dallas? I would love to be able to meet for dinner or something -- I know Whit would too.
My email is kristen_oquinn@hotmail.com
Let me know!
Post a Comment