Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Sent Servant

The Sent Servant

When you are so empty
Who can fill you up?
When you can’t put one foot in front of the other
Who can carry you through?
When you can’t pray
Who can lift you up to the Lord?
When you have no tears left
With whom can you just sit and be still?
When there is no hope left
Where can you turn?
When another sunrise brings pain not hope
Who can shed light into your heart?
When the moon and stars are the shape of a monster
Who can protect you?
When the rain in the midst of the storm won’t wash it away
Is there anybody that can cleanse?
When the hourglass runs empty
Who will teach you how to cope?

Through the pain you soon realize there is only One
Who can reach out a hand and heal
But the resentment won’t allow you to turn
And the mire keeps you bogged in
Will hope ever utter from your lips
Will someone just anyone reach out and care
And just show you a small hint of love
That radiates from the One?

Then I realize I can sit and listen to your cries
I can utter encouragement
I can lift you up to the creator of your soul
I can help show you a path to still your storm.

Oh to accept the mission of the sent servant!!!

1 comment:

Tesney said...

Bek, update already! Are you up for a HUF reunion? Chitty is working on it. I gave her your email. BTW, I moved my blog...it's claytonsmommy.blogspot.com