Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Part One

Well I'm back to the furnace of Abilene but I've had a great two months off of work and stressful life (well at least not in the suicidal/homicidal clients stressful way) and got to spend ALOT of time with family. The first two weeks I headed to Camp and yes that can only mean Camp Blue Haven with Miriam, Rachel and Todd and the kiddos. Miriam and I taught pre-campers which was fun but very different from teaching jr. high. I hope the kiddos had fun and well I have a lot of pictures of them looking like they were having fun so that is going to count. It was a lot of fun to see all the cousins play together and get to be at Camp together. There was a fire threatening the area on Bear Mountain and while it added some different elements to 2nd session it was a blessing to get to see and spend a lot of time with my friend Polly whom I hardly ever get to see when up there. I could write so many stories about what the kids do and how Dawson liked to scare us by stopping his breathing one night but I'll let some pictures speak for themselves. I hope we can do this every year I guess at some point we might have to get my brother on board - hmmm to go to Camp well doubtful....


Thanks to Lance and Wayne I finally have gotten to go to Barillas Peak I can't say I've hiked it but it was beautiful and I got to hear all about repeaters and other really techy equipment!!!

Karlee is fearless although last year she went to the top of the swing but still....

The girls in their bling - apparently Brooke is not fond of bling

Proud Dad
Ava's favorite thing to do is get on my bed and mess it all up and get gritty dirt all in it and die laughing when I see her on it!!
Ava loves her little cousin Dawson but apparenlty he makes her tired.

Brooke loved to paint!!
Karlee dressing up as Lazaraus
Ava loving on Dawson again - oh wait he is asleep!!!
Karlee loved we let her put the green icing on her ice cream cone

No comments: