Saturday, July 10, 2010
POWER
My shirt says simply "fight for Julie." I don't know Julie except through her brother and sister in law my good friends Jenn and Steve. But I share
this cancer journey with her so I have a connection with her and a lot of other people I know and people I've heard of. When I was at CBH a couple of weeks ago met an awesome young lady that shared her C word jour
ney with me. It is a constant on my mind. So while I was at these amazing falls I opened my suitcase and here was this FightforJulie shirt in the work out pile. But this day I wore it because I was reminded that while this is a constant in our life the grandeur of these falls shows me the power of my God to kick this C word out of here whether on my time table or my way or in this life or the next it does not have the power - so I wear this shirt today in view of the great Thundering Waters as the Native Americans termed these falls in honor of all you out there who fight this battle with me and to all our loved ones who encourage us and provide the love and strength to battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awesome. there is a great thunderous applause as you fight.
Post a Comment