So remember those blogs about being allergic to milk and the hives and going to the allergist etc. Well here is an update. So I go to the allergist and miraculously I did not have a single spot after having spots for 6 days straight and the only thing that helped was Benadryl. So after the Dr. either very patiently listened to me (or at least is a good actor) and my concerns and my feeble attempts to discover what I am allergic to he came up with a full plan. First we would start with patch testing which would take a week, then skin testing another week, and then blood testing another week. All things I've been through and discovered some allergies are bad (watermelon and I don't care I eat it anyway) and some not so bad (tomatos and I eat Salsa anyway) but anyway he is the Dr. so I was like ok.
Of course I quickly informed him I was NOT interested in allergy shots to which he replied that he suggested I take Zyrtec or some other antihistimine and no matter what we find this is probably what I would have to do anyway on a continuing basis.
About the best thing he did say is that it probably was not milk.
So I go meet with this lady and set up all these appointments which I was thinking I am going to miss so much work. Then the nice lady said call your insurance they should cover it but just make sure.
Well if I ever wanted an out I got one.
I called my insurance company and this great cheap insurance at $32 a month I thought I had - well guess what it considers that allergy issues are NOT medical necessities. So that means that I have a $500 deductible to pay plus they will only pay 20% of my co-insurance. The lady said that I have to bring $800 to the first patch testing appointment but that the total would probably end up being about $1900 to $2200 depending on the results.
Well here is my response: No thankyou I will pay my $17 for my 45 Zyrtec that will last me two months and save my $2200 I don't have for something more productive to get an answer that I should still take Zyrtec everyday.
I hope asthma is considered a medical necessity!!!
1 comment:
Bleh on the insurance. But honestly, I had all of those patch allergy things done in high school. All it did was tell me I was allergic to mold and tree pollen. So, yeah, Zyrtec it and be thankful you don't have to spend $2200.
Oh, I wanted to ask you about your house tax credit! How long from the time you closed until you got the check?
Post a Comment