yes being single has many many benefits but today I have thought of about 100 reasons why I wish I had a guy to come home to so here are 10 things that immediately come to my mind that stink about not having that amazing man to come home to:
1) There is no one to come home to and hold you and listen to you vent after a horrible day.
2) There is no one to put in new sinks, fix your toilet flusher, re rout the air conditioner drain, and all those other little projects (including mowing the yarn) that are part of owning a house
3) You have to call someone and beg them to come over and help you when you need something heavy moved or any other job that requires to people
4) You have to cuddle with your pillows and bed spread when you get cold
5) If you are cooking and realize you are missing an ingredient you either have to make do or shut everything off and go get it yourself
6) There is no one to give you a pseudo pedicure after a long day on your feet
7) There is no one to give you added security when you are paged in the middle of the night and you think you hear weird sounds and you have to walk out in the dark yourself not knowing what animals, bugs, snakes, or people are lurking out there.
8) There is no one to take the covers off the water meter and sprinkler box to check for the numerous rattlesnakes in our area of town for you. Especially when I am deathly afraid of snakes.
9) Of course there is no sex
10) There is no one to meet you at the door to tell you everyday how wonderful and amazing you are.
Maybe soon will come a top 10 benefits of being single!!!
7 comments:
Aww, I'm sorry sweetie. Sounds like one of those kinds of days. Take heart in the knowledge that God has a will and a plan. And He is pretty good at those kinds of things. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.
Thanks for sharing your laments. I know how you feel! Some girls in my Bible study (also single) suggested an awesome book...I've read several, and this one is actually right on. It uses lots of good scripture, not just author's thoughts. If you'd like to know more about it, let me know. Looking forward to the top 10 benefits blog! ;)
I feel your pain! I'm going to start racking my brain to think of ten benefits of being single...I'll let you know if I think of any!
You can pay someone to fix things around the house and do heavy lifting. It's much less hassle than having to deal with a boyfriend and worry about someone's "feelings."
Plus, I'll tell you how wonderful and amazing you are any time (because it's true).
I listened to the Killers on the way to Memphis today and thought about fun times at Memphis in May (and "shit face").
Bekah, I can completely relate to how you feel (at least once upon a time I could). When I lived alone in Togo, I often thought about these type things as a single woman. I felt like I was fulfilling multiple roles because I did the missionary thing, out every day in the villages, etc.; I cooked and kept up the house (although I had a houseworker to help with the house some); I had to pay bills and figure out how to do all of the maintenance, etc. And I was really lonely at times, although my teammates were awesome at including me -- I just wasn't used to being alone. Sometimes it just stank.
BUT, like Andrea said, it's all in God's time. God has you in this season for a reason -- I know you know that. May He give you eyes to see the opportunities around you that you have beCAUSE you are single. Love you!
Roo,
It does sound like you had a bad day, but some of these made me laugh out loud! Esp. the "no sex" one--nothing like being direct. Here are some benefits to being single that I thought of. I hope that they make you smile. :)
1. You don't have to share that money!
2. Can go on extended vacations (these can be mission trips-or not) without worrying about anyone except maybe a neurotic animal.
3. No worries about your partner's stinky socks, farts, and otherwise general smelliness.
4. You learn to enjoy your own company.
5. Some may not consider this a benefit, BUT you get to spend more time with your own family (no sharing of holidays and such, and no mother-in-law!).
6. You can be lazy and/or sloppy and no one will care.
7. More time for volunteerism.
8. Can read late into the night without bothering anyone with the light on.
9. No pulling boyfriend's/husband's "feelings" out of him like teeth.
10. More readily available to plan things/come see your friends in AR on a moment's notice!! ;)
B. BELL - I thoroughly enjoyed your list and am stealing it so I don't have to figure out how to say the same things in different words!!!
Post a Comment