Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Lake


Today I can barely move!! Well at least not from the waist up. I think every muscle in my upper body is screaming at me - especially everytime I try to move an extreme amount like get up off the couch or lift something heavy or just stretch - but every bit of soreness was worth the amazing ultimate Lake Brownwood experience.

My friend Mindy invited us to her parents lakehouse and me and some others went and were treated like royalty. We had a blast - played games, had a picnic, had a cookout of hamburgers and hotdogs on an electric grill thanks to the fire band, and the best was riding the tube out on the lake.

The pictures tell all. I don't think I have had so much fun in a long time. I forget how much I love the lake. Just sitting in the front of the boat hopping over waves with the wind slamming into your face. Then of course there is the whole gripping of the tube handles and holding on for dear life while at the same time trying to pull yourself up higher on the tube. And then there is my friend Mindy who has so perfected the tube riding that when whoever was with her would start to falter she would just reach out and grab them and save them. Man it was so fun.

And Mindy's parents are the best. So nice. They had one goal for us to have fun. And even when things kept coming up for them they would have to go take care of or need to tend to they still had one goal through all of that - for us to have fun. Rest assured WE DID!!!

Mindy, Becca, and Me



Me and Becca (and yes I still wear the goggles!!)



Kimberly and Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.