Thursday, April 26, 2007

Punching Bag

Sometimes that is just what I feel like I am is a good ole EVERLAST punching bag. Funny they name those things EVERLAST; well maybe not, because as the human punching bag I hope to last a long time. I know that is a crazy analogy but sometimes I just feel like I am constantly getting punched in the gut by life. The thing is I like to be in control of the punches and when that is taken away - well there is just no other way to say it - I hate it. I like it when I'm strong enough to defend the punches or punch back but sometimes even that is taken away and you are vulnerable to the everyday events of life that just happen. It is so hard for me to not have explanations for things. Maybe even just some little hints to my numerous "why" questions would help but usually a small "why" just turns into a bigger "why" until I have to just quit thinking about it or it consumes me. And to me its not necessary a negative thing because I know that through all those punches I'm still standing and am a better stronger person for it, but I'm not going to say they aren't scary and don't hurt, but I guess the thing that keeps us all going is our resilience to bounce back and stand back up ready to take the next thing thrown at us. I guess after all that is what therapy is all about is helping people stand back up again from all the hard punches that have knocked them out.
Who knows maybe I'm the only one that feels this way.

No comments: