Sunday, February 11, 2007

Abilene Drives Me Crazy

So yesterday I made a HUGE OLE mistake; I went to Wal-Mart and not just any Wal-Mart but the one on the other side of town. For those of you not familiar with Abilene its pretty much split up into the ACU side and the other side where everything really is. Anyway I work on the other side needed some hair gel and bananas and was actually running a little early to work for once in my life so I stopped by Wal-Mart. Now in Austin Saturday is the best time to go because everybody is outside or somewhere else doing the fun things Austin offers to entertain you; but apparently in Abilene the entertainment (especially high school and the weekend before Valentines) to go to Wal-Mart. I guess I should have remembered this from my days in Searcy but.....
There is something about walking in the store and being greeted by two aisles of bears ranging from 6 inches to 5 feet and everybody stopped and looking at these stuffed animals that should have immedietely alerted me I was in trouble but I forged ahead anyway. And something else about people here - they don't move - they get in the aisles and stop!!! like old people oh wait they are old!!!

Anyway, give me back my Austin insane traffic anyday and get me out of here!!!

4 comments:

Tesney said...

I hate Wal-Mart. Period.

Anonymous said...

Wal-Mart is the means by which we save a couple bucks on cheap junk now, at the expense of our long term financial stability down the road. Better learn to speak Chinese.

Brooke said...

bek. it's you. i'm happy!

Sandi said...

I hate going to Wal-mart, too. And I'm totally with you on the boot cut jeans -- I can't give them up either.