I may not always agree with the Kennedys but there is no doubt they have had a huge influence on America. I was not alive when JFK was shot but I can tell you almost as much about it as people who were alive. My mom describes it very similiar to what for me is probably 911 or the Challenger exploding. I remember when Jackie died - it was right before our band trip to Washington D.C. and I remember seeing the eternal flame over her grave at Arlington Cemetary. Then I remember being at Camp and hearing about John Jr. dying in the plane crash. Everyone knows about the Kennedy curse and the popularity of the Kennedys.
Or so I thought.....
So this week when the news broke that Teddy had passed away I was shocked how many people (some my age) did not know who that was or that he was JFKs brother. I had somebody ask me why are they making a big deal of a Congressman? and believe it or not I actually had (now granted they were 19) but someone say who are the Kennedys? I was like JFK and he was like "yeah don't know him"
Amazing!! and sad very sad...
Well I find Teddy Kennedy's service in Arlington Cemetary important enough to miss the beginning of the Cowboys game and watch live on TV (granted the Cowboys game was being DVRed). Like I said I may not always agree with the Kennedys but I love their love and passion for this country and how they fought for what they believed in. That is so much of what makes them a legend.
No comments:
Post a Comment