As I've said before I see many psychotic people day in and day out. I guess that motivated me to read a series of books that make the humans in the books wander if they are psychotic (although the author does not go there).
You might have heard of the Twilight Series. My friend Jenn had been trying to get me to read these books for a while but when I asked her what they were about the word Vampires just immediately turned me off. Not my thing. And then when she added the word "romance" I was thinking very cheesy and definitely not my thing. Well then I had several more people talk about how good they are and then someone loaned me their copy to read and I gave them a try.
Here is the thing I read all 4 in the series and these are thick thick books with the last one over 750 pages in less than 3 weeks. And I've been wandering where all my time has gone!! So you ask are they good?
Here is my verdict - decent - good early high school level read. While the plot and characters are pretty well developed and the story line is intriguing it is for sure fantasy which again just isn't really my thing. But shockingly I didn't just get through the books but couldn't put the next one down. There is a romantic theme but it is not too mushy or trashy like all those cheesy romance novels I can't stand and there is enough mystery to keep you going. There is even some controversial subjects and moral issues dealt with all though mostly they are pretty subtle themes. When I finished all 4 books in the series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn) I was like well those were ok but it was not To Kill a Mockingbird, Grapes of Wrath, or even Harry Potter but for some reason there was a mystery that mesmerizes you where you have to know what happens and can't put the books down.
So if you want an easy entertaining read go for it. But warning you may not be able to put the books down.
3 comments:
I read these books in September and I know what you mean...I was thinking to myself, I can't believe I am reading a romance about teenage vampires!! But they were entertaining for sure!!
LOVE those books! My mom even read them and couldn't put them down. I think she read the first 3 in 3 days.
Thanks for the honest review. I may add them to my list of books to read when I get to read for fun again. lol
Post a Comment