Many of you know I help with Celebrate Recovery which is a Christ-centered 12 Step Program. Our format is to have a large group meeting and then small group (women and men separate) every week. We rotate every other week having a lesson and testimony in large group. One thing that we have really encouraged those attending CR to do including the leaders is to think about and possibly even prepare and maybe even give their testimony. This is something that is pretty hard for me to want to think about and take the time to put it in words. We have some videos from other people who have been through the CR program that we usually watch but a couple of weeks ago Steve showed a video that I had seen before but not really paid much attention too. I know its 8 minutes but if you only have 1 minute watch one minute because it is powerful.
This video brought home to me that we are all just humans struggling to be reconnected to God. I have so many things I could put on my cardboard if I was doing this but I think ultimately I would put - " so disconnected from God" and on the other side "Blessed by a restored connection to God"
So many things I've done to get me to the point I'm at have been from a severed connection with God and its amazing how peaceful your life can be when that connection is restored. Think about if you were giving your cardboard testimony - what would it say?
3 comments:
Hey. I have loved reading your blog to stay caught up with you. CR seems to be doing great and I miss going. Love you.
I must admit, I haven't read the complete account of your trip, but I know it was wonderful. I am so excited about your possible trip here. Yes, I am moved from "Dear Ole' Mineral," which is the exact beginning of the fight(?) song set to the turn of "Lullabye"! Wish I'd done it long ago.
I am so glad that your connection with God has been restored, Bek. He is so faithful!
Post a Comment