Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bricks

Well the semester has started off with a crazy bang but one of my major goals yesterday morning was to examine the bricks going into the student center on campus. This is what I found; the nasty red mud- now where this mud has come from because I don't think it has rained here since the record snowfall that supposedly occurred over Thanksgiving that everybody missed (well not you Abilene residents) - anyway this mud was all over these bricks.
Tangent here I must go on - the brilliant construction workers who are building the state of the art welcome center and tearing up the parking lot for the clinic of course wait until the 1st day of the semester to rope off half of the parking lot when there is already a parking issue; seriously what did they do all last month; I'm not bitter at all can you tell?
Anyway, Now I know you are saying Rebekah have you lost your mind; well here is the deal; last week I went with a couple of friends to the bookstore there were, I assume campus workers, down on their hands and knees scrubbing these bricks with what looked like tooth brushes. Now just in case you were wandering yes these bricks were on the OUTSIDE. Now I know that ACU is desperately trying to catch up with Harding's student center what with the addition of the big food court and now the computers and big TVs but I don't even think Harding has cleaned the bricks!!!! Think my tuition dollars could be a little less if they just let the bricks stay dirty year round???
Really it was hilarious and I just couldn't resist letting you all know all about it!!!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

You are a woman of your word! You said you would write about the brick-cleaners...and you did! Haha!

Gretchen said...

Oh, by the way...Yes! It is John Deere equipment in my picture. Don't you love it?

Whitney said...

That's a funny story- and even funnier is that you wrote about how much it bothered you!!!