Friday, January 25, 2008

Am I really staying another year here?

As some of you know I am thinking about/pretty sure I'm gonna stay here another year but after last night and this morning and a rememberance of West Texas culture maybe I need to get back to Austin as fast as possible without passing go....

So last night I come out of one of the wierdest sessions I've ever had to the announcement that I better call my clients mucho fasto because it is raining and we were going to close the clinic. What the hey? Oh wait it is Abilene - rain and near freezing temperatures of course is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Of course I was a little frustrated when I walked outside and it wasn't even raining yet; it just was SUPPOSED to. For the record I don't think it ever did ice over but anyway I'll respect safety first. And it was nice to go to Wal-Mart and NOBODY was there; although there were not many diet dr. peppers I guess people had been stocking up all day for the expected storm (that never materialized as usual but we have to keep the weathermen employed)
Well I haven't felt 100% the last couple of days- some asthma some sore throat some probably just exhaustion so I had this great idea to sleep in this morning. Granted sleeping in for my old self is like 8 or 8:30 at the latest. Well a couple of weekends ago the light in our bathroom had exploded and well guess what I guess since they weren't able to shut down because the storm didn't materialize the renter company and the electric company decided they didn't have anything to do today since they ended up having to work and gave us a call at 7:18 AM. RIDICULOUS - are you kidding me? Not only did the rental lady wake me up but she was calling to tell me that the door bell I just heard ringing while on the phone with her was indeed the electric man to look at the light. yes now it is 7:19 AM. So a sleepy eyed, disatrous haired, pj dressed, morning breath fumes flowing out opens the door and lets the electric man in who proceeds to tell me I am cute and asks me what I am doing this weekend. I must just believe that he was trying to make conversation with me because of how I looked but I must reconsider staying another year in West Texas!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You will miss it when you leave, we said the same thing and already want to go back. Nothing is like West Texas---LOVE IT!!!!!

TwinLawyerMommy said...

You NEED to come to Colorado!