Sunday, November 01, 2009

Faith

I often wander how Paul can write through all his trials be joyful always. I don't like trials and yet it just seems like one thing after another. I've said before I feel like the arrows are coming too fast and lately I've not been sure my shield of faith is going to hold up. I've mentioned my friend here whose young daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. She has a caring bridge sight and she posted this about faith she read that really gave me a different perspective I so desperately needed. Its a good persepective for all of us so I share it....

From My Utmost for His Highest: "The Trial of Faith"
We have the idea that God rewards us for our faith, and it may be so in the initial stages. But we do not earn anything through faith--faith brings us into the right relationship with God and gives Him the opportunity to work. Yet God frequently has to knock the bottom out of your experience as His saint to get you in direct contact with Himself.
God wants you to understand it is a life of faith, not a life of emotional enjoyment of His blessings. Faith by its very nature must be tested and tried. And the real trial of faith is not that we find it difficult to trust God, but that God's character must be proven as trustworthy in our own minds. Faith being worked out into reality must experience times of unbroken isolation.
I must have a faith that says "I will remain true to God's character whatever He may do." The highest and greatest expression of faith in the Bible is--"Though He may slay me, yet I will trust Him." Job 13:15.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

At church on Sunday our speaker said that being thankful is us centered while praising God is God centered. He called us to praise God in spite of all circumstances, regardless of whether we are thankful for what we're dealing with at the moment -- God still deserves our praise. Prayers for you my friend!