Yep that is straight off of Elf and one of my favorite parts where she is in the girls shower singing and he just goes in and sits on the counter and joins her (it is PG)!! That is such a great movie!!! Probably my favorite part is when Elf tells Santa he is sitting on a throne of lies!!!! (I want to go on a tirade here about using resources available to you instead of just bowing down and depending on other people but I won't let being up all night last night on call lead me to that tonight.)
Anyway, it really is cold outside. I was driving 30 minutes North of Abilene last night left here at 2AM and the temperature was like 27 Degress by the time I was driving back home at 6:30 AM the temperature was 13 degrees Yep "Baby its cold outside"
Weather is such a reminder of the Power of the Creator. Yesterday at 6:30 PM it was 80 Degrees today the high was 28. About 7:30 the wind kicked up to about 50 miles an hour and in a lot of Abilene the electricity went out and that includes the Cowboys game!!! We have a tumbleweed probably at our house - Oh wait we live in West Tx and across from a field what should we expect. Anyway here is the picture of the first tumbleweed because some people think they are so big so we took a picture. Now imagine this one tumbleweed times 30 the same size pile up against the fence and the side of the house all the way out about 10 to 12 feet from the house. If it wasn't 20 degrees I might would go take some pictures.

After Thanksgiving they came with these big pruning shears and cut the tumbleweeds all up and hauled them off. I cleared them out Saturday and they are piled up again. I'm sure that is not good on my allergies and its sure not good on our nerves. There have been several breakins over the past couple of months in our area and so the other night when I woke up in the middle of the night and heard these noices I thought someone was breaking in but low and behond nope just the tumbleweeds scraping up and down the house. Luckily our robbers are dried up!!!
Well there goes the beeper so starts my on call night.
1 comment:
It was -16 degrees here! The cold air hurts your lungs. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment