Monday, February 25, 2008
OSCARS
Last night was the 2nd annual Academy Awards without a party at Rebekah's house. Last year I at least was up to date on what was nominated and watched and was excited; this year I hardly knew what was nominated and totally forgot they were on until I got home and turned the TV on to catch the 10 o'clock news and behold Best Actor award. I guess I saw the important stuff best actor, director, and picture huh? What is really ironic is that I have seen about five movies in the theatre this year and 3 of them were nominated (There Will Be Blood, Atonement, and Juno) and I recommend all 3 of those but you know I sometimes like wierd movies. If Knocked Up and 27 Dresses had been nominated then Wah Lah I would have seen all 5 and I would have to say they should hire me on the nominating committee!!! I guess I am going to have to go see No Country For Old Men now. Its not that I don't want to its that 1) I live in Abilene where I no longer have the artsy theatre right down the street from me like in Austin and 2) I live in the clinic so I guess I'll go add that to my Netflix wish list now and 3) I prefer to watch in the confines of my home or a friends where I can get up and move around. Has anybody seen it? If of all this movie talk you haven't seen Juno that is the one you should rush out and see very whitty, funny, and good; not to mention full of Arrested Development stars. So I guess my Oscar obsession may be dying with my old age but I will still continue to like good movies (especially if they are short!!!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What? American Gangster not short enough? How long was that movie anyway? 3 hours.
I forgot about the Oscars until 10pm as well. My favorite part is the red carpet. Yes, I still like to see how everyone is dressed, etc. One of these days when I have a big living area, I'm going to have an Oscars party. And yes, people will have to dress up like a movie star.
What movie star would you be?
Crusin' through the Oscar pictures, I think I would go as George Clooney's date (I'm sure Jim wouldn't mind), or that Diablo Cody chick. I think that dress is cool. She had the most different look.
Yeah, I didn't even realize they were on until 9:30.. and to make it worse I haven't seen a movie in months!
Post a Comment